Directions to Kariega Settlers Drift
- Travel from Port Elizabeth along the N2 towards Grahamstown for approximately 50 km.
- Take the Port Alfred turnoff, where you will then travel along the R72 towards Kenton-on-Sea and Port Alfred.
- The turnoff to River Lodge is signposted and is exactly 10 km beyond Alexandria.
- Proceed on a gravel road through an electric gate (push button) for approx. 2,8 kms to the Kariega Game Reserve and Settlers Drift entrance.
- You will be met by a gate guard and given directions to the jetty for boat transfers (by 1pm) or to the lodge.
- FOR BOAT TRANSFERS: Notification must be given in advance. The boat departs daily from the jetty at 13h30 (weather dependent).
- Guests must arrive at the gate by 13h00. The ranger will transfer guests to the lodge by boat which will take approx 30 minutes.
- FOR LODGE TRANSFERS: Guests who miss the boat transfer can reach the lodge by road.
- The gate guard will give directions to proceed for another approx. 6.5 km to the lodge.